| || || |
|Aerial Combat (3.1 Final) - Screenshots |
| Screenshots: |
|Aerial Combat (3.1 Final) - File Download Options
Primary Download Locations:
| || Name: |
| Worldwide Mirror by FileFront |
| || || |
|Aerial Combat (3.1 Final) - Readme |
| Readme File: |
Aerial Combat :: Final Release v3.1b
A Battlefield 2 Map by Agent-K-01 / [BITS] Squad / Australia
Packed: 6th March 2006
Copy the "Aerial_Combat" Folder contained in this Zip archive into the "levels" folder on your PC at:
x:\Program Files\EA GAMES\Battlefield 2\mods\bf2\levels (where "x" is the letter of your HDD)
* Added 2 Seater Jets to both teams in 64 Player
* Replaced one F35B with an F-18 for both 32 & 64 Player
* Improved Sky, Water & Fog visuals
* Improved terrain under water in lagoon and around islands.
* 16/32/64 Player game modes with varied combat areas and vehicles.
* Added additional Anti-Air to roof of Resort on 64 Player
* 16 Player map does not utilise carriers (Ground/Parachute based).
* Improved Vegetation detail slightly.
* Modified Flag Capture times and conditions.
* Created destroyable UAV and SAT Trailer for US team in 16 Player.
* Reduced size of download zip to approx 20MB.
* Added some additional static objects.
* No Single Player/BOTS mode (Possible Future Release)
* Terrain Shadowmaps not working on vehicles.
RUNNING THE MAP STANDALONE:
This map does NOT include a single player mode. To explore the map by yourself use Mutiplayer and create a local server game on your PC. You can even test capturing flags etc by typing the following command into the console once you are in the map. "sv.numPlayersNeededToStart 1".
The USS Freedom has tracked a stolen US Aircraft Carrier (carrying F35-B fighters) to Passu Keah island in the south China Sea. Here Chinese forces are attempting to re-fit the newly named Kuan Ti, and re-enforce their positions on the island. US forces have been ordered to retake the Kuan Ti, and sieze control of all chinese assets in the area. >> NOTE >> Please read the Readme.txt file included with this map for vital strategic information
IMPORTANT STRATEGY INFORMATION:
To Capture & Use Artillery, your team will need to capture the artillery point, destroy the enemy artillery, and wait for your own artillery to spawn. When it does, your commander will be able to use it.
CAPTURING THE KUAN TI:
Capturing the Kuan Ti is the main goal of the US team, while keeping it should be the focus of the Chinese efforts. The time it will take to capture the Kuan Ti has been increased signifcantly (since the Beta) for 32 Players, and increased even further for 64 player. To capture it quickly you will need to be working with your team mates. This is to encourage team work, and help make capturing the carrier as challenging as it should be. Neither carrier is available/playable in 16 player mode (just in case it isn't obvious on the map).
When the round starts the US tickets will already be "bleeding" as a result of the Chinese hold on all island points and the Kuan Ti (Carrier). This bleed will stop as soon as the US capture a flag on the Island. If the US team can capture the Kuan Ti and the Island Points (excluding Supply Dock), a ticket bleed will begin on the Chinese teams total.
TEAM ONLY ANTI-AIR ON CARRIERS:
The Anti-Air guns on each carrier can only be used by the team in control of that carrier. If your teams captures the Kuan Ti you may need to destroy the existing Anti-Air and wait for it to re-spawn in order to use it (Similar to Artillery).
PARACHUTE SPAWN NOTES:
This map includes optional parachute spawns on all central island points.
Teams in control of these points can choose to spawn at a designated parachute spawn.
Your parachute DOES NOT open automatically, choosing when to pull the rip-chord is all part of the fun.
Well here it is, the Final version of Aerial Combat, a carrier/island map for BF2. There are several things that I never got around to finishing, like working vehicle shadowmaps, and ambient sounds, but this version is a big improvement over the Beta. I've made it more difficult to get the Kuan Ti, and spent a lot of time trying to balance the map so it's fun for both teams. Jet lovers might complain that there aren't enough Jets in 32 player (and none in 16 player), but there are 4 a side with 64 Players so that should keep em happy. This map should have something for everyone, even those who can't fly to save there life (you might want to know how to parachute though). I've had a lot of feedback about this map, and I really do appreciate it. I have tried to take everyone's comments and suggestions into account for this release, and I think the map will be better for it. If you find an obvious fault that needs fixing, email me at email@example.com
Thanks go out to:
- [BITS] Djnapkin for hosting all early Beta tests of this map.
- [BITS] Drinno for starting me down the road of a carrier vs carrier map.
- All members of [BITS] squad who helped test this map.
- Totalbf2.com for publicising the Beta 3.0 version (and any future versions) of this map.
- Everyone at the bf2editor.org Forums (Anyone who's used the editor knows that making a map from scratch without the forum, is like trying to fly a helicopter blindfolded)
|Aerial Combat (3.1 Final) - User Comments
The following comments are owned by the user that posted them. Battlefield Files is not responsible for their content.
Total comments: 10 | Last comment: 07-23-2007 at 16:33
Joined: January 7th, 2006
|so do the chinese have a carrier... neat it's a nice change, i like it. |
Joined: March 25th, 2004
|F-15's launching off a carrier, interesting... yet awesome Can't wait to play this, and nice work with all the details like the ticket bleeds and capturable arty and stuff. |
From: (Aurora, Colorado)
Joined: September 27th, 2003
|Im sure there is a noob somewhere crashing the F-18 into the Cobra at this very minute! |
Joined: March 7th, 2006
|lol.. I was kinda hoping even the noobs would manage to taxi onto the runway or at least wait so they don't collide with anything. I don't think you have to turn much to get off the deck in the F-18 (going straight forward) to avoid hitting the chopper. |
Thanks for the postive comments MrFlammable & 7h0r4x3. Appreciate it
If anyone is interested Incognito Gaming are running a TOP GUN competition using this map and I think they might be hosting it one of their servers for general play as well. Check out: http://www.incognitogaming.net/main/index.php and click on the TOP GUN compeition banner
Joined: July 29th, 2005
|im sorry but an f15 cannot launch off a ship but stranger things have happend like the a c130 landing on a carrier |
From: (Bandar Seri Begawan)
Joined: November 5th, 2004
|an f-15 can launch off a ship if properly fitter actually, the current main navy-plane is the f-35 and the f-18. things arent always what they seem. |
this map sounds cool, cant wait for the bot version!
Joined: November 6th, 2005
|does it work for SP? |
Joined: July 4th, 2005
|Nope, no SP, which is a pity, since I really love this map. |
And yeah, F-15Es can't take off from carriers, but to my knowledge neither can the Su-30MKK or J-10 ('bout time someone made a Su-33).
Joined: October 3rd, 2006
|i have video futage of me getting the j-10 out of the cage and flying arround. |
If you would like to see it e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org. =D
Joined: May 13th, 2006
|Sounds really cool. |
When posting comments, you must follow these rules:
The high interactivity of this site should be considered a luxury, not a right. If you cannot follow these simple rules, you can and will be warned or banned from the comments, site or the entire network for any period of time.
- No "Yay I got First Post!" posts, no exceptions and no matter what other content the post has!
- No Pornographic Material. Any sexually oriented imagery or links to such content will not be tolerated.
- No Warez or Illegal Software. This includes linking to software, posting about it, and suggesting to get it.
- No Cursing or Swear words. We encourage you to use our comment sections as a forum to debate files, news, etc., but please use proper adjectives to express yourself. We will not tolerate abuse upon another member or author.
- No Attacks / Retaliation of any kind against a member, or group of members.
- Please do not advertise for other sites or forums here.
- Maximum of 3 smileys per regular member.
Now enjoy yourself and behave!